Tuesday, October 2, 2007

They made me...

Updates updates!

K, so I participated in the 2007 United Way campaign (international non-charitable organization) – hosted in the place where I work. At first, I wasn’t very enthusiastic about this event because they kind of force you to volunteer and donate $, which is fine, but then they make a big deal out of it, not to mention massive e-mails coming from the organizers with stuff like:

“…you have until 2:00 p.m. to donate! If you don’t do it, your team will loose, shame on YOU! Have you thought about those poor African kids?! They’re dying and it’s because you didn’t donate a penny!...”

I was getting kind of fed up and overwhelmed and then, the organizers asked me to coordinate the “ART” side of one of our auctions – long story short, I gave my amateur opinion and advice and in the end, they ignored pretty much everything I had said. Oh well… I’m getting used to it by now.

Anyways, I donated three of my photos taken in Mexico, which sold for $40, $25 and $20 (see below). Not bad, considering the cost of printing and framing was like $8 each. LOL!


* 1 *

* 2 *


* 3 *



The one with the soccer balls was very popular and I was happy with the results – gave me a new sense of accomplishment when people were actually giving me constructive criticism and saying how much they loved it. Something I haven’t received in a long time. Feels good to be appreciated, no matter how simple and how small it was.